Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Egret chili

I followed Egret chili recipe less the fresh chiles (none available at my store) and it turned out awesome. I also used chipotle chile powder because they didnt have ancho powder either. The dried chile is Pasilla from Oaxaca. Ive been itching for a meal with lots of heat as I havent cooked any in ages to please my kids. Today, I pleased myself :)

Quebec - Canada
·

Comments

• I've never had egret. Does it taste like chicken?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    ROFL not sure your serious or not. Just in case: http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1134671/cow-lickin-chili-time/p1

Quebec - Canada
    ·
  • egretegret Posts: 4,032
    Bjorg said:
    I followed Egret chili recipe less the fresh chiles (none available at my store) and it turned out awesome. I also used chipotle chile powder because they didnt have ancho powder either. The dried chile is Pasilla from Oaxaca. Ive been itching for a meal with lots of heat as I havent cooked any in ages to please my kids. Today, I pleased myself :)

Glad it turned out to your liking........
    ·