Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Handle

Have this headed my way from Danny.  I was going to have it painted but have decided to leave it the way it is.  If you aren't a Husker fan you probably won't care for it but I really like the way it turned out.image
·

Comments

• SPRIGSSPRIGS Posts: 223
    Not quite sure why there are 2 pics with one cut off.  Sorry
    ·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,470
    Eight more days SPRIGS!!  What part of Nebraska are you in?  I'm in West Omaha.  GO BIG RED!!!!

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • busmaniabusmania Posts: 301
    Colorado Egger for Nebraska here!  Love the handle
    ·
  • SPRIGSSPRIGS Posts: 223

Live in Stanton - about 10 miles east of Norfolk.  GO BIG RED!

·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,470
    I almost forgot, the handle looks great.  Danny has done them for all four of my eggs.  That guy is an artist!

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • Go Big Red!

·
  • JGoodsonJGoodson Posts: 47
    Dawg Fan here! Enjoyed the bowl game last year.

Danny did a handle for me as well and it turned out great!

Nice choice!
    Go Dawgs.jpg 638.1K
    McDonough,Ga   Large & Small BGE  Dawgs, Falcons and Bravos!
    ·
  • Who is this Danny? And how do I get a hold of him to make me a handle?
    ·
  • raungstraungst Posts: 2
    Out of curiosity, about how much does something like that cost? A little disappointed in my new LBGE handle, and wanted to see if this was something I could dream about or not.
    ·
  • You're right. I dislike it based on the subject matter. Go Blue!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,520
    http://dannyscarvings.blogspot.ca/

Although I haven't ordered from him yet, I believe the price to be around $75-90.  They could have increased in that time though.  I'll let somebody who's ordered recently validate that.
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
    ·
  • LoggerLogger Posts: 236
    Why not paint it?
    OKC area  XL - Medium
    ·
  • Uh-oh.  Queue the tree killers....
    Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE
    ·
  • GBR!
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,891
    I got a new handle....."green rubber duck egg"  10-4 good buddy.

handle looks nice.  Anyone can make their own...just get a carving knife, chunk o wood and a box of band-aids and go to town.  You'd be surprised how easy it is....at least the stuff I see on egg handles.

·
  • GogogordyGogogordy Posts: 459
    I got a new handle....."green rubber duck egg"  10-4 good buddy.

handle looks nice.  Anyone can make their own...just get a carving knife, chunk o wood and a box of band-aids and go to town.  You'd be surprised how easy it is....at least the stuff I see on egg handles.

Yup, simply remove everything that doesnt look like your intended design....voila!
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
    ·
  • AquacopAquacop Posts: 468
    Great workmanship, poor decision, ROLL TIDE ROLL.
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
    ·