Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggs & Accessories in Austin, TX.

Options
cousintx
cousintx Posts: 40
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is the best place to purchase Eggs & or Accessories in Austin? I have called a few people on the biggreenegg.net webpage, but they don't appear to be focused on the egg. Thanks.

Comments

• Snoopy Dog Dog
    Options
    Hey Lewis-

I think the place that provides the eggs for Texas Eggfest in Austin is called BBQ Outfitters. I may be wrong, but I think that is correct. I don't know if you have contacted them, but they would probably be a good choice. I'm sure Grillmeister or someone from the area will chime in.

Enjoyed having you at the OK Fest last weekend (Great Banana Bread). I'll see you in May at TX Fest if not sooner.

Chris
  • Parrothead
    Options
    so lewis was the one with the banana bread!!! man, that was awesome stuff!!!! i am assuming that the recipe will posted?

PH
    Wobbly Pops to ya, Chris
  • cousintx
    Options
    Thanks Chris. I had a great time. Can't wait to see the video and pictures on the web.

I believe I contacted them and after some time on the phone, they quoted $500 for a small. Including nest, but I thought that was somewhat high. Contacted another and they said BGE didn't have a small. Guess I am used to the Chimney Shop, ask get immediate response, competitive prices.
  • cousintx
    Options
    Glad you liked the bread. Should be posting the recipe soon. Send me an email and I'll get it on over to you.
  • cbs
    cbs Posts: 99
    Options
    BBQ Outfitters - hands down. They are the model for what all egg dealers should be. I think all the sales guys own eggs. They actually know what they're talking about (as opposed to the other egg dealin' chain in town). They either have moved (from Bee Caves Rd) or are just about to move to a huge new location a little further west out toward Lake Travis. Call them to find out where they are.
  • cousintx
    Options
    Thanks. I actually haven't contacted them yet. Appreciate the reply.