Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

6 hour Ribs

Had some ribs last night at a friends not cooked on a GE.  Tough and chewy even through they were cooked 8 hours.  Sent him this picture of my last ribs with my own "Fred's" sauce.

Just got an email wanting to know where he can buy an egg.  LOL

IMG_1833.JPG 455.2K
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 15,812
    Convert them one at a time.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,249
    8 hrs is way too long...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • smokeyjsmokeyj Posts: 231
    Sounds like the cook and not the cooker. You can make great ribs on any smoker/grill. Adding an egg would be great addition though.
    ·
  • Try doing them 3-2-1 next time @ 225 indirect with applewood smoke. PERFECT!!
    ·
  • erbloveerblove Posts: 83
    another one bites the dust
    Columbia, SC ~ LBGE, ThermaPen
    I love to eat...sue me!
    ·
  • scarri3rscarri3r Posts: 29
    I had a great success letting them marinade in the fridge for 4 hours and then applying a dry rub.
    Cook indirect around 250 for 2 hours uncovered.. spritzing after 30 mins and every 15 min there after.  Then 1 hour wrapped with a cup of apple juice in the aluminum pan.  Then 1 hour dwelling in the shell with some glaze applied.( covered also )    4 hours total time.  Let rest for 10 minutes after the cook, cut and eat.  Use your favorite sauce at that point.  Very tender and a good pull.  ( This is how I cook my baby backs )

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,812
    I do 100 min's and like the ribs
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • jerrypjerryp Posts: 226
    +1 on 3-2-1. They turn out nice and tender.  I do add an additional 15-20 at high heat to crisp em up.
    ·
  • rtt121rtt121 Posts: 629
    Try 5-0-0. at 225 at the grate. 

You won't go back.
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
    ·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    edited August 2013
    I use to do the 3-2-1 method but then I tried the 5-0-0.thats how I cook mine now. I agree with @rtt121 .
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • daffy1909daffy1909 Posts: 447
    :D
    ·