Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Latest cooks

Last night I cooked baby back ribs with the plate setter indirect and they turned out really good. Tonight I cooked Tuna and it also turned out great. It was cooked direct at 450 for about 2 1/2 minutes per side and rested for five minutes. I have had my medium grill for four months now and I have cooked on it more than the last five years on my gasser(which is gone now). Everything taste so much better on the egg then they ever tasted on the gasser.
Gulf Coast FL
ribs.jpg 41.7K
tuna.jpg 36.7K

• Nice! Nice plating, too.
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 5,197
    Tuna looks tasty!!

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • grEGGorysgrEGGorys Posts: 168
    edited August 2013
    The tuna was bought at Fresh Market and comes frozen. They are 7 oz fillets which was perfect. I was told by the meat cutter there that it is sushi grade tuna. Not really sure about that but it was good. It was probably medium which might be a little well done for tuna.
    Gulf Coast FL