Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1 minute Rib Eyes

Options
TexanOfTheNorth
TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
Saw these "fast fry" rib eyes at the store the other day and decided to give them a try. These steaks were sliced about a 1/4 inch thick. Did them blackened on my CI griddle at 600* for about 1/2 minute on each side. Served them with some grilled sweet potato slices (which are fast becoming our go to potato choice) and a spinach salad. We enjoyed the grilled peaches we did the other night and decided to try some grilled pears tonight. The pears were just as good as the peaches!

imageimage

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    That looks real good John!  We don't buy the thinner meat because they usually end up over-cooked.  I gotta get some fruit on the egg!
    Flint, Michigan
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    Any fruit grilled on the egg is enhanced and top them your way.
    Sweet potatoes are now my favorite for breakfast fries and mashed. Nutritionally one of better root veggies to eat, lots of fiber. Have not tried them raw in a salad yet, next time.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Red pear, halved, hollowed, cream and cheddar cheese, walnuts then wrapped in bacon... Yum
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    When we were kids the factory my Dad worked for used to have an annual Clam Bake picnic at Washcov's Grove outside of Wilkes Barre, PA. Started with breakfast of steak and eggs, using these thin rib eyes. Lunch was a rib eye sandwich, burger or dog. Those rib eyes are one of my favorite childhood memories of food. Might have to look for some.
    Mickey Posts: 19,675
    Options
    Nice cook. Noticed your sign off on Landry. I am friends with a man very close to him, Bob Lilly.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    edited August 2013
    Options
    @Mickey, Bob Lilly was/is one of the greats!

@Fred19Flintstone, just did these for 1/2 minute per side so they were still pink in the middle and very tasty.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.