Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

1st time smoking chicken

I have never smoked a chicken before on my BGE.  Wondering if anyone has any suggestions/tips for me.  I have a whole chicken, wings and thighs.  Going to try something new on the mother-in-law for her birthday.  Could be bad.
·

Comments

• StreetgliderStreetglider Posts: 104
    Spatchcock, the best chicken in the world. Have done I using Greek spices and lemon/pepper, both most excellent.

LBGE, Grill Extender, 5 burner Char-Broil gasser that hold my eggessories
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,498
    +1 on spatchcock!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,679

Welcome aboard and you will enjoy the BGE.  Playing the role of the "frictionless conduit" here's a link to the above mentioned spatchcock chix:

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/spatch.htm BTW-his main site is a wealth of useful information regarding the BGE.  You should give it a good look.

Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • Thanks to all for the suggestions.  I'll be sure to check it out lousubcap.
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,856
    edited August 2013
    @SWVAEagleEGG if you decide to Spatchcock one you will have done it 3118 post ahead of @MrCookingNurse!!!

Just pickin at you MCN =)) :D

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • @mattman3969

b-(
    Ouch boss. Ha just kidding, I'm a little slow at somethings.

XLBGE 
    ·
  • TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,334
    Just use the search engine on the forum. Everything you need to know is there, trust me. Have fun.
    Dave - Austin, TX
    ·
  • That depends on how much you like your mother-in-law. If the answer is "not so much", coat the bird in peanut butter and place directly on the coals for 1hr...
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
    ·