Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

1st time smoking chicken

I have never smoked a chicken before on my BGE.  Wondering if anyone has any suggestions/tips for me.  I have a whole chicken, wings and thighs.  Going to try something new on the mother-in-law for her birthday.  Could be bad.

• StreetgliderStreetglider Posts: 104
    Spatchcock, the best chicken in the world. Have done I using Greek spices and lemon/pepper, both most excellent.

LBGE, Grill Extender, 5 burner Char-Broil gasser that hold my eggessories
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,546
    +1 on spatchcock!

Spring, TX

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 7,205

Welcome aboard and you will enjoy the BGE.  Playing the role of the "frictionless conduit" here's a link to the above mentioned spatchcock chix: BTW-his main site is a wealth of useful information regarding the BGE.  You should give it a good look.

Louisville   L & S BGEs 
  • Thanks to all for the suggestions.  I'll be sure to check it out lousubcap.
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 5,168
    edited August 2013
    @SWVAEagleEGG if you decide to Spatchcock one you will have done it 3118 post ahead of @MrCookingNurse!!!

Just pickin at you MCN =)) :D

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • @mattman3969

Ouch boss. Ha just kidding, I'm a little slow at somethings.

• TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,473
    Just use the search engine on the forum. Everything you need to know is there, trust me. Have fun.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • That depends on how much you like your mother-in-law. If the answer is "not so much", coat the bird in peanut butter and place directly on the coals for 1hr...
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs