Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribeye Burgers

Options
The wife doesn't want steak two night in the week. She will never know!

Comments

• Drewdlc17
    Drewdlc17 Posts: 124
    Options
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    looks great, was it good?
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Drewdlc17
    Options
    This is the second time I cooked them. They were good the first time but better this time around.
    First time I cooked them high heat just like a steak and shut the egg down the lady few minutes. When I shut it down the meat took a little to much smoke.

Tonight I cooked them about 375 and pulled them before shutting the Egg down. They had great flavor.

If your wife has a Kitchin Aid Mixer the meat grinder attachment is great.
  • njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    Options
    IIRC, there are at least two choices...an actual KitchenAid meat grinder and an aftermarket KitchenAid compatible one.  Which do you use?  I think I remember reading the KitchenAid one being a PITA to clean.
  • Drewdlc17
    Options
    njl said:

IIRC, there are at least two choices...an actual KitchenAid meat grinder and an aftermarket KitchenAid compatible one.  Which do you use?  I think I remember reading the KitchenAid one being a PITA to clean.

I'm not sure. Mine hooks to the front of the mixer. It was purchased at Bed Bath & Beyond. It's pretty east to clean. All of the parts come apart and can easily be washed. I also have the casing stuffer attachment for making sausage.