Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all had a big green St. Patrick’s Day! While you’re waiting for it to be Easter time, try some of the new recipes we’ve recently added to our website. One of our favorite dishes is the Easy Jambalaya with Beef, and our favorite sweet & savory treat is the Sweet Cream Crostini.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Why TWO?

Because college kids eat like they're starving... LOL.

Two roughly 8 lb Boston butts on the Big Green Egg in for a 12 - 14 hour smoke (at 250° dome temp). One is rubbed with Dillo Dust and the other is rubbed with Dizzy Pig Raging River (a nice citrus, maple flavor with a bit of heat) They'll be done just in time for the brunch I'm bringing in to my Drafting & Design Technology students tomorrow.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
·

Comments

• ParallelParallel Posts: 411

·
  • brianwdmnbrianwdmn Posts: 359
    I wish I had a professor like you when I was in undergrad. I'm sure they will enjoy!
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
    ·
  • ParallelParallel Posts: 411
    edited July 2013
    Yesterday was fun, but I was so tired after being up all night cooking that I crashed early. Here are the rest...

Here is about half of the crew, the other half were still in various academic classes (like Trig... better them than me... LOL) After this I was too busy to get pictures. The awesome smell of smokey BBQ wafting through the building also sent several hungry faculty members to my classroom as well... good thing I cooked two.

·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Nice. Looks like some happy students!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
  • Black_BadgerBlack_Badger Posts: 907
    Very cool dude, congrats! Looks like it was a lot of fun.
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·