Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs on the run.

Options
My mom lives about 700 mi. away in an independent living facility. Am headed up to see her and decided to smoke a rack of ribs to take with me.  She's 82 and still has all her natural rib-eatin' teeth.  I hope she's got a couple of beers in the fridge.

Sooo, I cooked a rack and vacu-packed them, froze them so they'll be thawed out after 10 hours in the car, and I will touch-them up when I arrive with my new Lodge Sportsman's Hibachi which is also going for the ride (and exactly the type of thing I got it for...beach, burgers, etc.) and fits well in my Toyota Yaris hatchback...something even a BGE Mini probably wouldn't do.

When I was done with the ribs, I decided to do up some wings (not too spicy at all)  just on general principle to vacu-seal and reheat later. 
May take a sampler of those too.

When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options

Top marks for your whole undertaking.  I'm sure she will very much enjoy the visit and the ribs are just an added treat.  Safe travels!

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Way to take care of momz!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.