Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BGE Terminology

As a new owenr of a BGE, I have really enjoyed reading and learing from all of the posts on this forum.  On of the things that is a little difficult is to understand the abbreviations and termonology being used by all the veterans and experienced users.  I'm wondering if it would be beneficial to set up a glossary of termonology for the new users. .
·

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,647
    Here's all you need to know-SWMBO=She Who Must Be Obeyed!  All downhill from there-welcome aboard.  A game changer for sure!
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,406
    This may help some:

http://eggheadforum.com/discussions/glossary#B

Otherwise, don't be afraid to ask. We don't bite that hard.
    ·
  • flemsterflemster Posts: 259
    FTC= Foil then Cooler
     that one took me a while to figure out and it is not in the glossary...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
    ·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,845
    flemster said:
    FTC= Foil then Cooler
     that one took me a while to figure out and it is not in the glossary...

you mean Foil Towel Cooler :-)
    Boom
    ·
  • flemsterflemster Posts: 259
    @FanOfFanboys... fair enough...that makes sense...although I like the instructions inherent in my version  :))
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,870
    FTC = faux cambro

·
  • Crispix49Crispix49 Posts: 190
    WTF - when an expensive piece of meat comes out bad
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,647

I'm sure this is not in the BGE terminology but it does have basic life application:

BOHICA-Bend Over, Here It Comes Again-have a great remainder of the weekend!

:)>-
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·