Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Chicken thighs and hot salad

Haven't posted for awhile.  I was struck with the thought while making up our veggies today that all they needed was a little lettuce and it would be a salad.

Chicken thighs marinated in teriyaki, done direct, raised grid at 400.  Veggies in the basket done direct at about 350.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to my daughter), MBGE and lots of toys

• mb99zzmb99zz Posts: 183
    Looks great, Doc!
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 17,633
    Doc you did the well sir.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• six_eggsix_egg Posts: 739
    Nice as always Doc.

Texarkana, TX

• rholtrholt Posts: 377
    I can't help but notice you have a thing for teriyaki. How long do you marinade? Seems like the last time I did it the teriyaki flavor was on the outer 1/2 cm of meat and then just regular chikin the deeper I got. Any outer seasonings?
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 5,060
    Normally marinate in teriyaki for 24 hours.  This meal got side tracked and actually sat in the marinade for thee days!  Tasted great.

Our chief marinades are Yoshida's teriyaki, Dichickos Garlic and Hot, and Allego Hot & Spicy.  I also use Lawrey's Schezuan Sweet and Jerk.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to my daughter), MBGE and lots of toys

• rholtrholt Posts: 377
    Cool. Thanks doc.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 20,261
    Looks good, doc...for you idea guys...a foodie camera that blows the smoke out of the frame with a built in fan.
    This is my signature line just so you're not confused.
    Large and Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr., smoker with a 5k btu AC, gas grill, fire pit, pack of angry cats, two turntables and a microphone, my friend.
    New Orleans, LA - we know how to eat