Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st ribs on egg

Options
1st ribs on my xl egg. 3rd time I have ever cooked ribs. 1st 2 times not well on my weber. But with all the advice and info from all of you my knowledge is better. Also have to give credit to the egg. Cooked baked beans, sweet potatoes and slaw. Between rain and having to go repair some traffic signals (on call this week) just have pics of ribs. Temp around 250 for 4 to 5 hours than ramped up 300 till 90 degree bend. They turned out very moist and tender. Had to go on another call as I was serving. When I got back they left me with 3 pieces. They said they were great. Thanks for info.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    They look great.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • spursinwichita
    Options
    It was my first rib eggsperiment yesterday as well. Must say I was pleased. I tried out the Mexican Coke theory that has recently been on the boards. I can confirm what y'all already know -- the Egg can crank out some moist and tasty fare. It sure is fun.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Jebpot said:
    1st ribs on my xl egg. 3rd time I have ever cooked ribs. 1st 2 times not well on my weber. But with all the advice and info from all of you my knowledge is better. Also have to give credit to the egg. Cooked baked beans, sweet potatoes and slaw. Between rain and having to go repair some traffic signals (on call this week) just have pics of ribs. Temp around 250 for 4 to 5 hours than ramped up 300 till 90 degree bend. They turned out very moist and tender. Had to go on another call as I was serving. When I got back they left me with 3 pieces. They said they were great. Thanks for info.
    Those look great @Jebpot. I hope that the 3 pieces they left you weren't those 3 at the front of the grid!  :))

Although, I'm sure those were good too.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options

Those look fantastic.

Cookin in Texas
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    It was my first rib eggsperiment yesterday as well. Must say I was pleased. I tried out the Mexican Coke theory that has recently been on the boards. I can confirm what y'all already know -- the Egg can crank out some moist and tasty fare. It sure is fun.

spursinwichita

I see your new. You should probably post this under  New Discussion not hijack Jebpot's

Jebpot said:
    Just wondering why you turned up the heat at the end?
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Jebpot
    Jebpot Posts: 374
    Options
    Had other things cooking ( reason for wanting another egg) and company wanting to eat. Had a call (work)also

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• WalrusBBQ
    WalrusBBQ Posts: 153
    Options
    AH MAN THOSE LOOK GREAT A+
    ------------
    Beers & BBQ