Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork Butt Perfection

JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,574
Not that pork butt is difficult but todays Butt turned out excellent. I got the two 7 lbs Butts from Costco on Wednesday rubbed with Fat Boys Cajun Rub Thursday, wrapped and refrigerated until Friday morning. Started the Egg at 5:45 am this morning with some Hickory chunks clear smoke by 6:30 and Egg at 280 put on the Butts with some bushes baked beans in the drip pan. The beans were pulled after a couple hours and refrigerated. At 7:15 and Egg was at 310, closed the bottom vent a little and by 8:00 Egg was back at 275 where it stayed until 4:30.  Butts were at 205 and probe went in like Butter. This was some of my best Butt yet but I always say that....Then I heated up the bean and we feasted

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
Johns Creek, Georgia

·

Comments

• carcouettecarcouette Posts: 14
    Looks great.  I have my first butt on the BGE now.  Almost ready to pull it off.  Applied some homemade rub prior to putting it on the BGE yesterday at 6:00 pm.  Cooked it low and slow (200-230).  I hope it comes out as nice as yours. I should have put my beans on like you do.  Oh well.  Next time.
    ·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 603
    Nice looking cook

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·
  • BuckeyeBobBuckeyeBob Posts: 640
    Those look outstanding. Are they bone-in or boneless? My Costco only sells boneless.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    ·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,430

Never seen a bone-in butt at our Costco, but, they still taste good!

@JRWhitee, that looks like some great eats!

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,574
    They were boneless, thanks @jaydub.
    @buckeyebob my Dad went to OSU, where are you from?

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • EagleIIIEagleIII Posts: 124
    Absolutely awesome looking. I never get tired of looking at some nicely done pork butt!!!
    ·
  • jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 936
    Nice looking cook. I did a 7# butt on the Egg myself at 225 and it took about 15 hours vs your 12. That beer is looking real good just about now too.<BR><BR>

Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
    ·