Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Slow cook that isn't Pork

I have some guests coming over this weekend and I want to show off what the egg can do. Does anyone have any suggestions for a slow cook that isn't pork ( they have a religious thing)?
"Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes............. Well, he eats you"
·

Comments

• CookinslowCookinslow Posts: 29
    What about a Brisket
    ·
  • mokadirmokadir Posts: 114
    Or pulled beef or beef short ribs
    Delaware Valley, PA Large BGE, CGS adjustable rig, iQue110, High-Que grate
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,454
    Or pulled beef-check out this recipe: http://www.dizzypigbbq.com/recipesPulledBeef.html I skip all the effort to deal with the sauce but the beef prep and cook part is great.  Takes around 6-7 hours.  YMMV-
    Louisville
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,261
    Pepper stout beef. Killer dish
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,374
    Just curious, why does it have to be slow?

But, assuming that's really what you want, you could do lamb or a smoked turkey.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Braised shoulder of Lamb
    Mamaroneck
    ·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,458
    Planked salmon is an option too. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·