Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bullet riddled pig?

I bought this pork shoulder at my local farmer's market.  Took it out of the fridge to rub and noticed a black spot.  Upon closer inspection I found a bullet in the meat.  Cut out the black part, removed the bullet, rubbed it, wrapped it and will smoke it in the morning. It looks like a small caliber bullet - in the shoulder?  Can't believe it was the coup  de grace.

Ever seen anything like this?

Monteagle, TN

one large and one small

·

Comments

• LitLit Posts: 3,826
    I would probably skip that farmers market in the future?
    ·
  • J_QueJ_Que Posts: 203
    Now that's strange.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,291
    Someone's a crappy shot. Shoulda been a better shot and got him in the head. Pig's name was Paulie.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,203
    I was gonna blame Travis, but I think he woulda dropped it.

·
  • Black_BadgerBlack_Badger Posts: 974
    edited July 2013
    That does look like a pretty small caliber and pigs are tough. Possible it's been in there for quite some time...
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • HolepuncherHolepuncher Posts: 262
    Maybe left in there by the butcher,,,added weight for the sale, times are hard,
    Hendersonville, TN.
    ·
  • ToolmasterToolmaster Posts: 41
    I would ask them if it was farm raised or wild hog. In Al I don't think they can sell wild hogs as farm raised. Enjoy the cook !! It should be good !!

I went to bed last night mean and woke up meaner !  
    "Matt Dillon"

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,416
    I'd give it a shot... =))
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • VolguyVolguy Posts: 3
    Care to share what farmer's market or at least what area you're in?  I'm in TN also.
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,225
    That is craziness.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    It's enhanced pork, Enriched with minerals Cu, and Pb! 

Shhh... don't tell anyone, one of those is bad

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·