Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Philly help!!! Pat or Geno's?????

grege345grege345 Posts: 3,502
Headed on vacation tomorrow morning. It's an early flight so we are going to stay overnight in Philly. So I need to know Pat or Geno's ???
LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• KainKain Posts: 16
    Neither. Tony Luke's.
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,502
    Closes at 8 on Sunday. I'll probably get there at 8. That was my first choice though. Thanks

• Geno's for sure.
  • MJGMJG Posts: 292
    Get one of each and you decide!
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,267
    Like them both...

• FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Neither they are both just tourist traps now. Try Johns Roast pork ; they even won a James Beard award for their cheese steaks.
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    Get one of each: "wiz-with" (cheese wiz with onions)
    Dunedin, FL
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,451
    Neither they are both just tourist traps now. Try Johns Roast pork ; they even won a James Beard award for their cheese steaks.
    +1 - favorite of all time
    It's not a science, it's an art. And it's flawed.
    - Camp Hill, PA
  • tamu2009tamu2009 Posts: 351
    Well definitely don't go to Jim's. I thought it was terrible.
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,389
    edited June 2013
    i must be the oddball from philly i don't like either plus Pam makes a better steak sandwich with her eyes closed imho she uses fresh sliced steak meat  . over rated tourist attraction not like it was years ago 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • jasoneggjasonegg Posts: 9
    Go to both and make your own opinion.  If you have time try  This place is my favorite.

BGE XL
  • fljoemonfljoemon Posts: 670
    My preference :

And I have eaten at Pats and Genos too.
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • jasoneggjasonegg Posts: 9
    SWMBO likes

BGE XL
  • TonyATonyA Posts: 566
    +1 tony Luke's
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,502
    Well. Verdict is in. I had both and have to say pat's steaks are better. Wiz wit!
    Tony Luke's was out of the question since they close early. At least now I can say I had pats and geno's. one of those things you have to check off the list.