Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Brisket & Other Things

Going for it today with my first brisket. 10 pounds rubbed with bourbon smoked sea salt and black pepper. Pecan and apple wood for smoke. First time using DigiQ. Set pit at 250, dome thermometer reading 215. Not going to sweat it. Bourboned up the coffee cup with Elijah Craig. Firing up the second large cooking up meats for the week. Chicken breast and sausages for penne. Mini gets the day off today. It's a big day in the kitchen!

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

image.jpg 2.3M
·

Comments

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,052
    Looking forward to the brisket results...

Like the coffee idea, provided all the running around is done for the day ;)

Enjoy all that egging :)
    ·
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 697
    Woooo-eeeeee she's gonna be a goodun. That's going low and she is gonna be slow.
    Centennial, CO
    Unless I'm hunting, then Lord knows where.
    ·
  • gabrieggergabriegger Posts: 465
    @hapster - no running around today.  I'm totally parked for this one.  May have to climb a ladder but its only a ten foot drop.  Going to wait until I'm a bit more flexible so I'll bounce on landing.

·
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 697
    You can't drink all day if ya don't start first thing in the morning!
    Centennial, CO
    Unless I'm hunting, then Lord knows where.
    ·
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,609
    Sounds like you're going to be enjoying your Canada Day weekend!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Gotta love the approach-light the BGE, time for a supervisory beverage; meat on, time for another beverage then as necessary/required for proper hydration throughout the cook. Being landed and parked for the duration is a prereq for such a journey! 
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • gabrieggergabriegger Posts: 465
    Made it down off the ladder intact. Roof on gazebo, gong is hung. Table and chairs are out. Lighting second egg for the chicken and sausages. The lady Gabriella is so impressed all chores are done before noon she didn't even blink when asked to make a run for the beer store. Gotta love that!
    image.jpg 1.6M
    image.jpg 1.5M

·