Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BBQ Guru and Pitpal

I just used my brand new CyberQ Wifi with the Android app Pitpal.  Great combination!  The CyberQ kept my pit within 3 deg of 250 and the Pitpal allowed me to monitor and control my Guru from my cellphone, as well as record all my cook so I can recreate it (or not) in the future.  It even sent alerts to my phone for high/low temp and timer alerts.  I highly recommend this combo!  Looking forward to an overnight cook.
·

Comments

• mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,745

How is your cyberQ set up:Infrastructure or what?

Ill have to check out the app. thanks

·
    Can you use this app when your at work? Or do you have to be at home?
    ·
  • Rocket15Rocket15 Posts: 41

Infrastructure and yes, I can access it over the web from anywhere.

·
  • Rocket15Rocket15 Posts: 41
    Sorry, I can access the Guru from anywhere but I haven't tried the app over the web.  Will let you know.
    ·

Ok sounds good.  I have had issues with my cyber q..and infratstructure method..its set up right..but there is no way i can view it when im not at home(ill explain if you need me to)

So what i have been doing when im away..is simply pull up the webpage on my computer..then i can remote in from my cell phone to see stuff.

Im thinking the app would be great while at home!

·
  • dpittarddpittard Posts: 126
    @mountaindewbass Have you tried putting the CyberQ outside of your router's firewall or forwarding port 80 to the CyberQ's IP and then using a dynamic DNS service to access the webpage?

LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.
    ·

@dpittard

Ok so i guess ill try explaing this.  My CyberQ Wifi is set up to my router.  My router is working as a sling from my FIL's router(sharing/stealing internet).  So the only way i can access cyberq is by logging into either my network or my FIL's.  My FIL wont allow me to setup a port to have the website be displayed externally. So..i can access the info from my phone as long as im logged into either network.  Having my router set up for the cyberq allows me to look at the info from my FIL's house.

·
    edited June 2013

If i had my own internet..then it would be displaying properly on whatever website i set up(how i had it set up before and it worked flawlessly)

This explains some:
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1143774/ugh-im-totally-eating-my-words#latest

·
  • dpittarddpittard Posts: 126
    @mountaindewbass I guess without having proper access to the router, you're kinda between a rock and a hard place.  How about setting up a VPN on the router and then connecting to the VPN on your phone?

LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.
    ·
    Can you connect to the VPN when your away from the home?  If so that may be worth a look.
    ·