Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Orange Shrimp

Shrimp marinated for 12 hours in orange concentrate, Worcestershire, fresh garlic, black pepper, and sea salt.  Cooked briefly with a flip at 350-400, raised, direct

Served with angel hair pasta and pesto sauce, with a romaine salad along side.  The Spouse added tomato to her pasta.

The shrimp had a nice orange sweetness, without being over powering.  I think next time I put all the ingredients  together, with the pasta cooked and the shrimp still raw, and cook in my veggie basket.  I do that with veggies and shrimp, it should work with pasta and that would let the flavors mix nicely while keeping the shrimp hot and moist.

A good, but not great, cook.

Pasquali Luciano
Buon appetito to all the BGE family
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·

Comments

• bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    edited June 2013
    looks fantastic Doc any left overs send my way   :-h
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    =P~

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,396
    I would eat that up!!! Looks very good Doc :D

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • Black_BadgerBlack_Badger Posts: 920
    That does look nice doc, what makes you say good not great? Shrimp dry? Flavors didn't come together?
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,434
    After 12 hours with all that citrus juice I'm surprised you even needed to cook them.  Sounds like a great flavor profile though.  I love orange and shrimp and will have to give it a try.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·