Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Apperantly it is Chicken Thigh Night!

Off the shelf jerk marinate.
Pasquali Luciano
Buon appetito to all the BGE family
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·

Comments

• Looks great!  Adding jerked chicken thighs to my "must do" list.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Looks good Doc. Thighs may be on the menu for this weekend. Found a recipe for braised and quick fried boneless thighs that sounds pretty good.
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,128
    Nice work Doc
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • I'm liking that!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Cooked up perfect too!
    ·
  • BrotherEggBrotherEgg Posts: 95
    Doc,
    I'm still learning how to use my egg. Those look perfect. It looks like you cooked the raised direct. Would you mind answering a couple of noob questions? I'm assuming an IT of 165. Did you flip them? What did yo set the egg temp at? Thanks

Steve

_______________________________________________________________________________
    Large BGE, PSWoo3, 13"CI grid, Grid Extender, Weber Genesis B Gasser/BGE Storage Cabinet
    ·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,024
    We had chicken thighs last night. Mine were very simple. Sprinkled with season salt and teriyaki sauce. Cooked at 450 direct.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,453
    Doc,
    I'm still learning how to use my egg. Those look perfect. It looks like you cooked the raised direct. Would you mind answering a couple of noob questions? I'm assuming an IT of 165. Did you flip them? What did yo set the egg temp at? Thanks

Steve
    Done 400 direct with raised grid.  With thigh and legs I go for an internal temp in the 180s.  I did not flip these.  You can but it really blackens the skin (which we don't eat anyway).  These were marinated in off the shelf jerk overnight.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·