Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Help! Drip pan spill

Was taking drip pan out and spilled down into my fire box!  How do I clean it out?!
When you get to a fork in the road, pick it up, spear something with it and throw it on the grill!!!

Comments

• SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 1,171
    Burn.
    Centennial, CO
    Unless I'm hunting, then Lord knows where.
  • So burning will clean it off and not damage the egg?
    When you get to a fork in the road, pick it up, spear something with it and throw it on the grill!!!
    How much did you spill? In thinking about it, if you spilled a bunch it may have soaked into the ceramic and it might not be a great idea to go super hot if the ceramic is soaked.
    Centennial, CO
  • How do I get it out?  I spilled a bit...
  • Me, I would just burn it out, just dont look down the chimney just in case, lol just burn it out its fine. 
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 8,175
    Ash and charcoal probably soaked up a bit of it.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,993
     Do nothing, just go along, it won't make the slightest difference.  A hundred cooks from now you won't even blink at this mishap. 

XLBGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to my daughter), MBGE and lots of toys

• Thanks everyone!  I'm a dumb rookie but I am already obsessed!
  • Ok, everyone.  I fired the egg back up after dinner.  Took it to 600 plus with no problems.  Charcoal definitely lit faster.  Haha!  Thanks for the tips!
    Cook up a couple pies while you were letting it rip?
    Centennial, CO