Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Flatbread on The Baking Steel

Could just have easily called it pizza, but I did them very thin with the goal of a cracker crisp crust and flatbread doesn't sound as mundane as pizza. Setup was on top of AR--16" stone, spacers, steel so it was nice and high in dome...I used homemade dough (serious eats Neopolitan recipe), cooked at a relatively low 550 since I wasn't really looking for much charring with these pies. EVOO, fresh garlic and rosemary, spinach, roasted red peppers, fresh mozz and feta image image Nice--- thin and crispy crust image Here's a shot of the setup- image
image.jpg 891.5K
image.jpg 672K
image.jpg 807.3K
image.jpg 817.3K
·

Comments

• Firemedic183Firemedic183 Posts: 197
    Very very nice. I cooked my first pizza last night on the Baking Steel. Your flatbread turned out WAY better from the looks of it.
    Persistence and determination are omnipotent!
    ·
  • HibbyHibby Posts: 456
    Wow looks really good.
    Conservative stalwart in Thornville, Ohio
    ·
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Thanks Firemedic and Hibby! I've been having fun the past few weeks trying out the steel...
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,659
    Nice work thanks foe sharing the pics
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,970
    That crust looks great!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • WalrusBBQWalrusBBQ Posts: 151
    That looks fantastic - great cook!