Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT - Stumped the I.T. Dept (My Daughter)

How do you insert YouTube video in a thread?   I'm talking about a small window with a play arrow in it.  I know I've seen it, but when we tried, the best we can do is a link.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·

Comments

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,355
    It's fidgety.  Basically you do just paste in in...but if you have anything above or below it then sometimes it shows as a link. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • rtt121rtt121 Posts: 644
    edited June 2013
    There should be under the "Share" feature youtube has a few options.  Change from "Share this video" to "embed" and copy and paste that code.

Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
    ·
    edited June 2013

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,736
    edited June 2013
    Here are some "how to" videos on embedding YouTube Fred:

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,150
    Play us off, keyboard cat...

·
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 5,312
    edited June 2013

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

·
    edited June 2013
    OK this is messed up.  When I embedded the video by posting, I can't see a window or anything for it.  When I hit the edit icon, it shows up.  When I hit save comment, it disappears.  What gives?

·
  • dweebs0rdweebs0r Posts: 507
    edited June 2013
    -Jody Newell (LBGE & a mini BGE!)
    ·
    Click the Share button on the Youtube video, Click Embed, Check the Use Old Embed Code option.  Copy the code.  Click the Show Source button on your new thread, paste it in.  Done.
    ·
  • ........................................................................................

·
  • EMBED TEST

·
    edited June 2013

·
    Fred, what are you using? PC, Mac, iPod of iPhone?
    ·
  • PC with Windows 7

·
    edited June 2013
    Click Share, the copy and paste the link from the share link that has "youtu.be" in the the url:

It should be the default selection.
    ·
    edited June 2013

·
    ·
  • Nope.  Thanks for trying everyone, but I must stop now to save on computer hardware from frustration.  Also, I'm driving to Toronto in the early am and need some sleep.  Goodnight!

·
    I'm not sure Fred, I copied your link and posted it in my video and it embedded perfectly. Weird
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,805
    Stupid pc computer
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·

Stupid pc computer

Lol...here we go.
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
    edited June 2013
    Ahhhh...here is one more thing to try.  It could be that the browser you are using can detect that the target accepts html formatting and it is formatting in a link.  In chrome, you can right click and "paste as plain text". 

·
    ·
    edited June 2013

Using Mac with Chrome browser but should work with any type of OS.

Open the youtube page in a new tab or window, on the youtube page click the Share tab then click the Embed option.  Make sure that the Use old embed code checkbox is checked.  You'll see a bunch of html code.  Similar to this:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Right click and copy all of the above code from the youtube page.

Create your thread on this forum.  At the top, you'll see a button with a box with <> symbol.  If you hover over this button it should say Show Source.  Click that box (this allows you to insert HTML code).  Right click and paste the code that is similar to the above code into your thread.  Click the Show Source box again, and it should show your video.

Hope this helps.
    ·