Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Clean Burn

I just did my 1st clean burn and while it was burning I noticed that the dome of the egg was sweating a brown liquid I was woundering if this has happened to anyone else.I also was concerened that the inside of my egg really didn't get so clean the fire ring ,fire box and plate setter all came very clean but the inside is still black maybe I did something wrong any suggestions would help 
2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
Long Island N.Y.

Comments

• newby84newby84 Posts: 51
    how do you do a clean burn? 
  • CharlesmaneriCharlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    newby84 I load up the lump and open up the top and bottom vents and let it rip till it burs out 

2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,885
    edited May 2013
    Ball up some tin foil and give the dome a rub with it. The inside I mean.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Angus1978Angus1978 Posts: 378
    Won't leaving the vents wide open fry the gasket? Even the hi temp ones?
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • RRPRRP Posts: 17,353
    Angus1978 said:
    Won't leaving the vents wide open fry the gasket? Even the hi temp ones?
    Some, but not all. Now why do I know that?
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • How do you know when it's time to do a clean burn?
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
  • RRPRRP Posts: 17,353
    How do you know when it's time to do a clean burn?

I do them when I look under my dome and see flakes of crud which have already started to drop tiny black flakes on my food. Granted you can scrape some and rub some etc. But a clean HOT burn out - I mean let it RIP and burn out overnight! Will do wonders! Now if you never do many greasy cooks, nor use a lot of creosote building smoke cooks then you can get by longer. That help?
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • edited March 2014

Yep...thanks Ron
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...