Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

DigiQ Question - show me your pics!!!

DigiQ comes with a nice large metal object with a bunch of holes in it.

Show me pictures how you use this thing!  I can't figure out what to do with it......
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

Comments

• dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,008

Let me know if this is the set up picture you need.

http://www.thebbqguru.com/PDF/Clipin_Adaptor_Door_for_BGE_and_Primo_Cookers-1.pdf

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191

That plate is what the controller hangs from.  The controller has two studs on the back, and those studs slide into the stainless steel plate and hook on the opening.  Then you can hang the plate in different ways to support your controller.

I have a cord connected power outlet over my egg for my electric starter, and i also use it for powering up my DigiQ contoller by hanging the plate from a small wire wrapped arounf the cord.

• KruegsKruegs Posts: 128
    I think you can actually put a bend in it so that it works as a stand, too.  I haven't done anything with mine yet because I'm waiting to see how I'll incorporate it into my table...pretty sure that BBQ Guru has pictures on their website though.
    XL BGE; CyberQ Wifi; Adjustable Rig, Woo2 Green Bay, Wisconsin
  • EggRacerEggRacer Posts: 400
    @Charlietuna those grills are too clean!        @-)
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,471
    Kruegs said:
    I think you can actually put a bend in it so that it works as a stand, too.
    Yep, here's a couple of mine that I bent to use as a stand.  A side angle shot would be better, but this is the only photo I could find.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • fiver29fiver29 Posts: 519
    Nice pics!!  I may bend mine like bowhunr.  

Makes sense.  If I had a power cord hanging like Charlie Tuna I would probably do that but I don't.

Thanks all!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    EggRacer said:
    @Charlietuna those grills are too clean!        @-)

Those grills get cleaned after every cook --  i have a system that works for me.  They are three years old and have seen lots of action.

• Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 5,645

I have mine screwed to a scrap piece of wood that I clamp to the shelf.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

• RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    Here is the way I use mine
    image.jpg 1.1M
    image.jpg 1.3M
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA