Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Memorial Day Baltimore Style

SeapointbakersSeapointbakers Posts: 44
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum
What better way to enjoy Memorial Day in Baltimore then with a couple local favorites, pit beef and crabs. Rubbed down a couple of pieces of top round with 1/2 Dizzy Pig Red Eye and 1/2 of a home made rub i use on briskets. Put on the XL at 240 indirect(no plate setter) and pick some nice big crabs while we waited. Cooked one until it was well and the other to about medium to medium well. Sliced thin and enjoyed with some mayo, thin sliced vidalias and some horse radish. Turned out very tender, better then anything I have had at local pit beef stands.
·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 9,961
    You sir, are a Gentleman and a Scholar.

Bawlmer style!

Best crabs in the world! Did you do old bay or wye river for the crabs?
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 9,961
    Where are you located?
    ·
  • FiremanyzFiremanyz Posts: 480
    I grew up on old bay but now that I live on the other side of the bridge most use JO over here.
    ·
  • I actually cheated and bought the crabs already steamed, they use their own seasoning but its a JO base. Located in Sparrows Point. Happy Memorial Day Hon.
    ·
  • JebpotJebpot Posts: 338
    That looks great!!!!  Also what I like about the xl is  you do not have to have the plate setter to indirect.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

·
  • frankc623frankc623 Posts: 163
    Pit beef looks great! About how long did the pit beef take?
    L-BGE | Westminster, MD
    ·
  • frankc623 said:
    Pit beef looks great! About how long did the pit beef take?

I want to say it was about 3 to  3 1/2 hrs.
    ·