Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Where to buy wire cloth?

bobbymcGbobbymcG Posts: 13
Building a BBQ island and need to add vents as the gas grill (blasphemy!) will be LP. I've been suggested to use wire cloth behind the vents to help keep critters out. I live in the Central TX area. Anyone have a suggestion as to where I can purchase SS wire cloth and get it cut to the size of the vents?
·

Comments

• cookinfuncookinfun Posts: 129
    I cn suggest ordering from either McMaster catalog or other metal fabrication sources.  You  can get it in a vast amount of "open" area spacing, meaning the holes.
    (2) LBGEs,  WSM, Vidalia Grill (gasser), Tailgater Grill (gasser)
    ·
  • CajunEggHeadCajunEggHead Posts: 189
    Most any hardware store will have it try Ace and see what they have.....
    :)]

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
    ·
  • demodemo Posts: 145
    Wal Mart sells wire cooking grates for seafood ect. in the garden dept. with the BBQ stuff.
    ·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    The Internet ....Check this out on AMZN: 304 Stainless Steel Mesh Sheet, Unpolished (Mill) Finish, Meets ASTM E2016-06 Specifications, 12" Width, 1...
    http://amzn.com/B005H3GJLE
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • bobbymcGbobbymcG Posts: 13
    i guess my google-fu leaves a lot to be desired. thanks so much! I think I'll go with what you suggested, @double. i appreciate the help. most of what i'd looked at previously was just too much material.
    ·