Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BBQ Map, quite accurate IMHO

Courtesy of Texas Monthly  http://www.tmbbq.com/

1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"

Comments

• You need to branch out...try brisket & beef ribs you might like it...lots do :)

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

• AviatorAviator Posts: 1,542
    But it still aient BBQ.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

• egger aveegger ave Posts: 580
    They don't grow cows in the Carolina's, only pigs and chickens. Hence the ignorance about what real BBQ tastes like and how it is cooked.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
  • SeeingSpotsSeeingSpots Posts: 151
    Stops the Presses!   Texans claiming they are the end-all and be-all of ........fill-in-the-blank:  __________

(:|
    Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,334
    edited May 2013

:-??

Texas Monthly....

XLBGE 
    BBQ is pork. TX is pork poor and improvised with cow. Its OK we like it but uh uh, not BBQ.

Chattanooga, TN.

Stops the Presses!   Texans claiming they are the end-all and be-all of ........fill-in-the-blank:  __________

(:|
    yes, BBQ is bigger, better and tastier in Texas. I tried to like the vinegar and mustard sauce when I lived in Charleston. 
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,081
    What is "mustard and pig skins" in GA?  I guess that is mustard based sauce and cracklins?  The only time I have had mustard based sauce in GA was when it was labeled "Carolina style" :)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 5,012
    And now everyone knows what we do with our old sheep!!

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

@egger ave, this is all in good jest, I s'pose.

TXans know cow. We know BBQ. Many styles and varieties. Yu want BBQ, come hither. We do love your steaks. And you can keep your cowboy oysters right there.

:D

Again, I am just jestin and don't make this a war.

Chattanooga, TN.

not a war either, just having fun. BBQ is like beer. Everyone has a favorite. I happen to like Pearl. Have a great week and cook something great this weekend.
  • Shouldn't Texans be disallowed from using "IMHO," since their "O"s are so rarely "H"?  

Just teasing, guys.
    :P

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
    edited May 2013
    YTTWROOMM!!!    
    :-*
    Shouldn't Texans be disallowed from using "IMHO," since their "O"s are so rarely "H"?  

Just teasing, guys.

Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,910

YTTWROOMM!!!    
    :-*
    Shouldn't Texans be disallowed from using "IMHO," since their "O"s are so rarely "H"?  

Just teasing, guys.

You guys must know what they say... Never ask a man if he's a Texan, if he is, you'll know, if not... you don't want to embarrass him.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    I guess that is the good thing about being in Indiana. I have pigs and cows readily available. I love them both! But I have thoroughly enjoyed this discussion! I have had BBQ in the Carolinas, Kansas City, Oklahoma, and Texas and I must admit, Texas and Oklahoma seem to have it right.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,631
    edited May 2013
    Charleston isn't in NC. Doesn't count.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    Here you go, I fixed it....
    Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,546
    Hi54putty said:
    Charleston for Mustard sauce, east of 85 in NC for Carolina BBQ(i.e vinegar mop - the birthplace of American BBQ). Other direction for that Lexington stuff.
    @Eggcelsior, I'm a Lexington BBQ guy but don't totally disagree with your general premise. I'm happy with most anything in NC. No mustard around here, thank goodness.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    VI is right. I was just joshing. BBQ wasn't even invented in America. Different strokes for different folks.
    Hi54putty said:
    "Charleston South Carolina, where the Ashley and Cooper Rivers flow together to form the Atlantic Ocean"

egger ave said:
    Hi54putty said:
    "Charleston South Carolina, where the Ashley and Cooper Rivers flow together to form the Atlantic Ocean"

My birthplace and home to the best BBQ in the world. ;)

Here is a better map:

egger ave said:

Hi54putty said:

I am familiar with the city and both rivers. One of my favorite places to eat. Great restaurants on every corner. Just pointing out that it isn't in NC, the home of Q.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • lewisj82lewisj82 Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    "You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas" -Davy Crockett

What the history books didn't record, is that he followed that up with "to eat tasty brisket and beef ribs."  :D

BGE XL- Tomball, TX
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,623
    Just to sauce things up, and toss a couple more logs on the fire:

Read this, from a very amusing fellow who also claims NYC is the biggest 'Q town in America,

Now departing as the sporks and slaw cups start flying...
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,482
    Greensboro, NC
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    gdenby said:
    Just to sauce things up, and toss a couple more logs on the fire:

Read this, from a very amusing fellow who also claims NYC is the biggest 'Q town in America,

Now departing as the sporks and slaw cups start flying...
    A few years ago, a fellow from NYC came down and told us he was starting a BBQ joint in NYC.  We convinced him that it might not be a good idea.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• RustyBrainpanRustyBrainpan Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    There is no 'Q north of the Manson/Nixon line, so NYC is out.  NC is of course just the upper half of SC, so they have some good Q there as well.  Cow meat is just grillin.