Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Which cut of meat

Options
Which cut of meat do you get for sliced pork?
XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.

Comments

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    I like to get the "bone in" pork roast, which is somewhat of a problem to slice, due to the bone, but i think it has more flavor.  Can't always find them, but usually around any holiday, they are available. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I presume Mr. Tuna means bone-in loin. I agree with him. Costco has been carrying them in Maryland until most recently, 2 weeks ago(the last time I looked in the meat case).
  • EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    Im guessing that's a different cut than the "boston butt"
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited May 2013
    Options
    You can do boston butt too. You just roast it to a lower temp than pulled pork. sort of like pulled beef vs. brisket. I inferred the loin form Mr. Tuna's post when he mentioned the "holidays" part. You can get boston butt, boned or boneless, year-round.
  • EggHeadinFlorida
    Options

ok gotcha! Sorry for the ignorance when it comes to what cut of meats give you this or that LOL..

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I recently discovered pork butt for sliced pork instead of pulled pork. 325-350°F until IT= 150, cooler for 1-2hrs and slice it up. Tastes great.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.