Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

pizza night! (with pics)

anezanez Posts: 121
I recently looked up @samferrise's dough recipe  last month and have made it a few times and all i can say is wow is it good. I've been using 00 flour bought on amazon and usually let it sit in ziplock bags in the fridge for 2-3 days. this is amazing dough that has made me look really good in front of friends and it's easy to make. thanks, sam, for sharing it with us. i once posted here that i stunk at rolling out pizza dough but this dough is so easy to work with. i roll it out a little, then toss it a little and it's good to go. 

last night we had two friends over and i made four pies. first was four cheese with red sauce, second was veggie (we like to saute the veggies before putting on pizza), a pepperoni and jalapeno, and a pepperoni. they were the best pizzas i've made so far. I cook 600 degrees, legs up, grid, three tin foil balls and pizza stone. pics are below!
·

Comments

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    They look great. I'm looking forward to trying out his dough when I get a bit further along on my diet and have earned a 'cheat' night.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Pies look awesome.  I just looked at the dough recipe for the first time, wow it is awfully detailed!  I will try it out sometime. 

XL BGE, egghead since 2010

Favorites: Beer Butt Chicken, Paella, ABT's, Prime Rib

·
  • anezanez Posts: 121
    thanks, ttuegghead. the dough recipe is easier than it looks. i have a digital scale and very easy to get correct measurements. 
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,407
    Outstanding! 
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,245
    Sam Ferrise did invent pizza after all. Or at least he will tell you he did years ago. :-q
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·