Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Don't throw away the Cilantro (Coriander) stems.

I was swapping lies and recipes at the Texas Eggfest last Saturday with someone when the topic turned to Cilantro. She said she loved the flavor but it was a lot of work to strip the leaves. I mentioned that the stems taste as good or better than the leaves. I wash the dirt off and grind the stems, leaves and all and them in salsa, sausage, rubs..... Maybe not as pretty but they sure taste good.
1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
·

Comments

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,768
    I agree 100% @egger_ave!!

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,842
    I always use them. They have just as much flavor as the leafs.
    ·
  • chainsaw19chainsaw19 Posts: 257
    Nice tip, thanks for sharing.  I have also found chopping and freezing in ice cube trays with a little water is a great way to save that extra that you cant use right away, can always thaw a cube later and use as needed.  Not quite as good as fresh but got tired of having extra go bad in the refrigerator.
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,855
    What's washing?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·