Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

It's Friday...

You were born a steak, you were raised a steak, now you are a trout.

Strips and asparagus (for me) or steamed green beans (for her).

Somehow I didn't get a pic of the plate with the beans.

Oh, and the power of the XL.  Direct and indirect at the same time.
Pasquali Luciano
Buon appetito to all the BGE family
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·

Comments

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Nice looking plated picture!!
    ·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 599
    Very nice @doc. Good Idea on charcoal too.

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·
  • Nice as always Doc.  Thanks for the peek at your L brackets.  I think I'll get some myself.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Was that a haiku?
    Birmingham, AL
    XL, Small, and Mini BGEs
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,880
    Nice cook doc! Now there are three things you cook with in my want list.

1. Leg rack
    2. Asparagus clips
    3. WS veggie basket

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,146
    The clips don't  work well for more than a single portion of asparagus, so buy enough for how many you think you'll be cooking for.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,880
    Thanks for the tip. I've noticed most of y'all cook with 4-5 of them.

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,216

Thanks for the tip. I've noticed most of y'all cook with 4-5 of them.

They come in a 4-pack for around 15 bucks from sur la table.
    ·
    Doc, I didn't know you were John the Baptist.
    ·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    Where did you get your asparagus clips at Doc?
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
    I think Sur La Table, if not it was Williams Sonoma.
    Pasquali Luciano

·

I think Sur La Table, if not it was Williams Sonoma.

It is Sur La Table. Or direct from the manufacturer.
    ·
    LOL, I love the clips, I get a nibble every time I show a pic with them.  A lot of folks have them now, but I was first
    :D

One of these days I'll do a post on my toys and which ones really serve a purpose.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,193
    Don't get no better!
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • LOL, I love the clips, I get a nibble every time I show a pic with them.  A lot of folks have them now, but I was first

One of these days I'll do a post on my toys and which ones really serve a purpose.
    You have the toys!  Your veggie basket has caught my eye a few times along with those asparagus clips.  I bought the SS cooking plate because you posted a cook using it.  I think you cooked fish.  My favorite use for it is pancakes.  It's been a while since I cooked pancakes. 

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

·
    edited April 2013
    Fred, the veggie basket is an honest useful tool.  I have two, and frequently use both on a cook.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • Fred, the veggie basket are an honest useful tool.  I have two, and frequently use both on a cook.
    No need to tell me.  I see the photographic evidence quite frequently in your posts!  When I see it, I say " gotta get one of those."

·

LOL, I love the clips, I get a nibble every time I show a pic with them.  A lot of folks have them now, but I was first

You have the toys!  Your veggie basket has caught my eye a few times along with those asparagus clips.  I bought the SS cooking plate because you posted a cook using it.  I think you cooked fish.  My favorite use for it is pancakes.  It's been a while since I cooked pancakes. 

I love my basket. I second everything Doc says about it.
    ·
  • Looks GREAT, and btw, I have been looking everywhere for those clamps you are using for the asparagus. Few more places to look but I am not sure I will have much luck. They look pretty handy. And we cook asparagus all the time.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
    ·

I love my basket. I second everything Doc says about it.

Pasquali Luciano

·
    Looks GREAT, and btw, I have been looking everywhere for those clamps you are using for the asparagus. Few more places to look but I am not sure I will have much luck. They look pretty handy. And we cook asparagus all the time.
    I have been reminded it was Sur La Table.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214

Looks GREAT, and btw, I have been looking everywhere for those clamps you are using for the asparagus. Few more places to look but I am not sure I will have much luck. They look pretty handy. And we cook asparagus all the time.

I have been reminded it was Sur La Table.

I have a very good friend that just started working for Sur La Table I'm going to give them a shopping list soon :-)
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • looks like nothing in Canada, I am sure they will ship here though, thanks.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
    ·