Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New gasket?

What's the best gasket to use? Time for a new one.
·

Comments

• tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    prepare to get every answer...including none.   

FWIW, I got my free nomex from the mothership, put it on with permatex orange during the summer of last year, and so far, so good. 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I bought the "rutland" from RRP on the "other" forum -- cheap, comes with instructions. Easy to fix, and has been operational for two years+ with no problem.  He sent it so fast, i had it the same day i mailed him the check.  The gasket was cut to fit my egg and the shipping cost thru the U.S. Postal Service was more than the gasket!!
    ·
  • I emailed the mother ship about my lid not wanting to stay up and about a new gasket. Still waiting on a response.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,301
    I made a super awesome device for my gasket with Nomex, but then I knocked the dome off.

Oops.
    ·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,456
    I bought the "rutland" from RRP on the "other" forum -- cheap, comes with instructions. Easy to fix, and has been operational for two years+ with no problem.  He sent it so fast, i had it the same day i mailed him the check.  The gasket was cut to fit my egg and the shipping cost thru the U.S. Postal Service was more than the gasket!!
    +1.  Have them on all four of my eggs.  Also purchased mine from RRP.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • carter422carter422 Posts: 58
    Anyone have an email address for RRP?  If so could you pm it to me.
    ·
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,758
    Do this, you won't be sorry!
    Packerland, Wisconsin

·
  • BigGreenBBQBigGreenBBQ Posts: 109
    edited April 2013
    +1 for RRP and the Rutland gasket -  @carter422 I sent you the info. Be sure to also buy the Permatex Ultra Copper ($5.50 @ Ace).
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,666
    Rutland...mines charred now where I think fibers are even a non issue now.
    Its those steak sears with raging fires...
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • B&BKnoxB&BKnox Posts: 269
    Rutland,  they last forever
    Be Well

Knoxville TN
    ·
  • DaveMDaveM Posts: 90
    I've been smoking w/o a gasket for nearly a year.  Very little leakage and the charcoal goes out normally when I shut the vents.  I'm putting my into a new kitchen next month, so maybe I'll buy one.  Can someone post the URL to get the RRP?
    --Dave from Leesburg, VA BGE XL, Viking 42", Firepit with $16 grill
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Try                              RRP@greeneggers.com          
    ·
  • carter422carter422 Posts: 58
    Got ahold of RRP today he is sending out my gasket on Monday.
    ·
  • GlennMGlennM Posts: 397
    Can you but pematex in Canada?
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
    ·
  • DaveMDaveM Posts: 90
    Looks like the pematex is on Amazon.  Not sure about Amazon-Canada, but give it a shot.  It is $5.30 for a tube and is available with free shipping if you have Amazon Prime.

--Dave from Leesburg, VA BGE XL, Viking 42", Firepit with $16 grill
    ·