Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

"The Baking Steel" Group Buy

For those of you that do not know, we are trying to get a group buy on "The Baking Steel." I do not have set prices yet on this, however, Andris the owner of the company should be getting me pricing tomorrow. So far we have about 10 interested, anyone else?
·

Comments

• gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,581
    Will it be a batch of all the same size? Or can I get in with ones that will fit a Med. Egg (about 11")? I could see buying 2 in that case.
    ·
  • fletcherfamfletcherfam Posts: 877
    From what I understand not all will need to be the same size. Andris just wants the orders at once so he make efficient use of the steel he is dealing with.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,424
    I with gdenby. Can I get a 12 or 13" for the medium?
    ·
    Yep, no issues I think.
    ·
    Will he do the 1/2 inch in the custom sizing? Or is this just the 1/4 inch?
    ·
    @eggcelsior, most of us are ordering the 1/4" size, however, I know one guy is doing the 1/2"
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,581
    Ah, double checked, no light in the garage just now, and see the BGE stone 12". Put me down for 2 12" x 1/4".
    ·
  • edbroedbro Posts: 297
    edited April 2013
    In for one 16 x 14 x 1/4
    ·
  • jimreed777jimreed777 Posts: 283
    For those of you that do not know, we are trying to get a group buy on "The Baking Steel." I do not have set prices yet on this, however, Andris the owner of the company should be getting me pricing tomorrow. So far we have about 10 interested, anyone else?
    dude - thanks for taking the lead on this - I need the size that will fit he large. I will decide on 1/4 or 1/2 based on what the sucker costs. Again - thanks a ton

·
  • Tiger TomTiger Tom Posts: 10
    I'd like a round 1/4" one for my LBGE.
    ·
  • edbroedbro Posts: 297
    Where are all these sizes coming from? I only see one size/2 thicknesses on their site. Are they doing custom sizes for us? Round or rectangle?
    ·
  • cssmd27cssmd27 Posts: 173
    I'm interested for my Large.
    ·
    Yes they are doing custom sizes for us. Custom meaning round, 1/4" or 1/2" thick, and probably 16", 15" 14" or 12". I need to work out the specifics with him.
    ·
  • sancho65sancho65 Posts: 97
    As soon as you get sizes and prices Please post!! I am interested!!
    XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,894
    I would really be interested but my wife will kill me if I buy any more large round accessories to stuff under her kitchen counter! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
    I would really be interested but my wife will kill me if I buy any more large round accessories to stuff under her kitchen counter! 
    Buy a large round accessory that fits around her ring finger, wrist, or neck and you'll be all set to buy to your heart's content.
    ·
  • I'm pretty sure I'd be in on one for a large BGE...
    ·
  • caneggercanegger Posts: 537
    Im just not sure with the shipping to canada
    ·
    Shipping to Canada will be a flat fee of $15 plus tare. I talked to Andris again this afternoon, he will get me the information tonight or tomorrow morning. Told him we went from 10 to about 17, was really excited about that one.
    ·
    Shipping to Canada will be a flat fee of $15 plus tare. I talked to Andris again this afternoon, he will get me the information tonight or tomorrow morning. Told him we went from 10 to about 17, was really excited about that one.
    Depending on cost, I may be down for 2. I might get one for the oven too. 
    ·
  • QDudeQDude Posts: 618
    I would get a 16", 1/4" thick one.

A northern Colorado Egghead since 2012!

XL and a Small BGE.

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    Put me down for a large. How do we pay? I'm assuming credit card?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·

Put me down for a large. How do we pay? I'm assuming credit card?

We should set up an Amazon payment account. No fees like PayPal.
    ·
    In terms of payment, here is what Andris and I have talked about, nothing final, just thinking of the easiest way to do it.

He has a website that accepts credit cards. The idea is either order the stone by a set date, put in a promotion code that would apply for us only, and then in the notes put "Egghead Group Buy." Or something like that.

The reason for ordering by a set date is then he has all the orders at once and can fab it all in one fell swoop (this is how we are going to save money). He would let us know of the production date and ship date as to when he would be sending them out.

The other option we talked about is to have him give us a specific website address that is only open until a certain date that we are only allowed access to. Then order from there.

The price is including shipping to continental US. As mentioned earlier shipping to Canada is $15 extra plus a "tare."
    ·
    I have the feeling Fred is going to make a lot of Canadian friends soon. Is there a Leafs/Wings game left?
    ·
  • lwrehmlwrehm Posts: 203
    If I can get a round 14-16", I think I could swing it!
    ·
  • caneggercanegger Posts: 537
    I think I swung it by the wife and might be ok depending on price :D
    ·
  • cpilot1cpilot1 Posts: 10
     I have a XL and would also like to order one. I will measure my egg and let you know the size, thanks. I live in the Dallas area.
    ·
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    edited April 2013
    I have the rectangular Baking Steel 18x14.  I can't imagine the 1/2 thick.  That thing would weigh thirty pounds.

I love mine and have used it in the oven and on my XL.  I do platesetter legs up, grid, the woo inverted with the BS on the woo ring.  

Gets a great elevation that way. 

I will buy a 16"round 1/4 inch
    ·
  • GA_DawgsGA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    I may be interested depending on price on a 14-16"
    ·