Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Ribs and Chicken quarters

Used the brine and glaze from Charcuterie for the chicken quarters. Found I really liked the brine for the chicken but prefered the glaze on the the ribs.
Also smoked a very small beef roast for about 4 hours then diced it up and threw in with some beans

No plate pics, when it was done I dove right in and my hands were a mess till it was a pile of bones.

LBGE, Weber Performer. Located in Franklin County Pa.

• Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
    Wow, looks like a killer meal. How were the ribs?
  • freduc2freduc2 Posts: 69
    edited April 2013
    Ribs turned out great, will definitely make this combo again. 
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,288
    =D>  Smoking some beef to add to the beans as a side item for the chicken and ribs. That, my friend, is called raising the bar!  Nice work- it all looks beautiful.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,565
    Nice cook freduc2, those ribs look perfect.How do you like the sliding d grid...happy to see it is large enough to fit a full rack of ribs across it.
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • sticks88sticks88 Posts: 94
    Question.The grease dripping doesn't need a drip tray?Looks great btw.

XL BGE and Pellet smoker

• sticks88sticks88 Posts: 94
    My bad ...when I look closer I see it.

XL BGE and Pellet smoker

• calikingcaliking Posts: 7,225
    I think I could polish off most of that serving platter myself :) Great cook.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    I couldn't imagine using anything other than the R&B sliding grid. I have a PS that was purchased with the egg that is just used as a hot plate now.
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 640
    Wow nice job. You can invite me anytime. ^:)^

Texarkana, TX

• Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,829
    Looks deeelicious!
  • KingtUTKingtUT Posts: 136
    Looks great.  So you cooked the chicken and ribs at the same temp for the same time or you added chicken later?  Temps? 
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,146
    Awesome. Love the presentation in that last picture. =D>

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

250-270 dome temp. Cooked the ribs 2hr then foiled. When I foiled them I put the chicken on and cooked for 2hrs. After that unwrapped and sauced both the chicken and the ribs. Cooked probably another 45 minutes.
  • KingtUTKingtUT Posts: 136
    very nice