Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First turbo Ribs

bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,387
Well first ribs ever that i've tried to cook . Got 3 large racks of ribs yellow mustard as a binder and bad Byron's butt rub on the XLBGE at a dome temp of 350 with nice chunks of cherry wood for smoke and when close to being done i'll pull them and sauce with tasty licks secret sauce and then back on to finish . and if i fail its family night out for dinner lol 
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

Comments

• MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,334
    you wont fail! they will be great.

So youve got one egg full of brisket and one egg full of ribs??? nice day!

XLBGE 
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    You will enjoy them
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,387
    all cooked and well a bit over cooked really  .Sorry no pics of them sliced it was slice and grab . All in all not bad for my first time .A few thing's i will change next time are not over cooking and not the make the amateur mistake of forgetting to pull the membrane off  =)) =))
    as i was saucing them it accrued to me i forgot to remove it . But i must say being my first try they were the best ribs i ever made and all agreeed 
    :)) :))
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,124
    Next time try pecan, hickory or peach wood for smoke. Cherry inparts very little flavor and is used mainly for color. Trim those spares up St. Louis style and use the trimmings to flavor beans, chef nibbles etc. If you're cooking @ 350 dome, then 2-1/2 hours indirect raised grid, 1 hour foiled with brown sugar, honey & butter, unwrap, sauce and back on for 15-20 minutes.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,387
    @billyray thanks i'll do that next time 
  • GramblerGrambler Posts: 145
    Mickey, do you flip when you turbo your ribs?
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,284
    Bigphil, I've had great results just cooking them them to IT, once they hit 210F they come off just like butt!
    Grambler said:
    Mickey, do you flip when you turbo your ribs?

Do not open at all for 100 mins. At most 90 mins and sauce to open. But I never flip them.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

I like a half pecan wood and half cherry.

• Ribs look good. Keep at it, turbo ribs are the way to go, I get nothing but great comments when I do ribs for family, friends, co-workers.  99% of the time use peach wood.  I also flip them each hour and mist with apple juice every 20-30 mins.  Don't know where I learned it but have been doing it that way and get nice color on both sides and a pretty good smoke ring at times.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!