Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Craigslist ad with crazy picture....

I was doing my daily morning check for a small when I came across this gem... take a look at picture #4

Comments

• shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    It looks like their food is on fire.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,074
    What is even crazier is the price he is asking!! $900 for a used large with nest and plate setter.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• caneggercanegger Posts: 537
    edited April 2013
    Looks like he used it for having camp fires in
  • SmolderSmolder Posts: 17
    Obviously couldn't handle the learning curve on how to use it. Explains why he is selling it.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    Would pay more w/o the hard bound book
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• MikeP624MikeP624 Posts: 292
    The guy probably used lighter fluid to get all that flame in pic #4.
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 625
    What is even crazier is the price he is asking!! $900 for a used large with nest and plate setter.

I agree I got an XL demo cheaper.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,583
    I saw that as well. I offered him $400.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,153
    He's only appealing to our inner pyromaniac!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,540
    huevos en fuegos
  • _________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,667
    I'd jump all over that... great project
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nashbamanashbama Posts: 102
    The inside of the dome looks pretty new. Just a theory, but I wonder if he bought one new at a good price and is just trying to flip it. I'm not going to make accusations, but there is also the possibility that it wasn't purchased at all. Just something I always take into consideration when I buy from Craigslist.

I agree with the lighter fluid theory, flames look like they are coming off the grill and not from inside. Plus, one of the other pics has a ton of smoke coming out of it. There is no telling what he put in it.

I wouldn't touch this one, just my opinion.
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,326
    henapple said:

I'd jump all over that... great project

Yup me too

XLBGE 
  • flemsterflemster Posts: 259
    Deleted 12 hours later........
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120