Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Jerk chicken

Anyone have a good jerk spatchcock chicken recipe?

Comments

• JerkChickenJerkChicken Posts: 551
    I've never done a whole bird before. I use pieces, and slashing them is an important part of marinating them. I prefer wings and drums. Spatchcock will probably work fine as long as you allow the marinade paste to penetrate the skin. I used to make my own marinade but I've found the jars of pre-made store bought to be pretty good so out if convenience I use them. Marinade for 24 hrs for best result. I go indirect ~350 apple chunks for smoke btw. If you want to make your marinade from scratch, here is a recipe that I loosely follow: http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2011/07/jerk-marinade Just cook the Spatchcock like you normally would but be careful because the marinade has a bit of sugar in it. That will burn easily if it gets to hot. Let us know how it turns out!
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    edited April 2013
    After 1.5 to 2 hrs....
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    Oops... Here's the pic
    image.jpg
    1936 x 2592 - 1M