Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wife got me a handle ;)

My wife totally surprised me with one of Danny's handles for my birthday. The whole story is really funny because I actually had ordered me one the same day she had!

Danny does amazing work!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

XLBGE 

Comments

• Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,910
    Awesome Danny does great work, I love both of the handles he did for me.
    I'm sure someone will want to know so here is his website.

http://dannyscarvings.blogspot.com/?m=1
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,329
    Thanks @solson005

XLBGE 
    Did you have the same design picked out or just the Alabama theme? Now that you have two eggs you need to get a handle for the small. ;)
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    They were very similar. I know. My small looks funny with that little bitty handle on it! Try to decide what would look good on the small and somewhat go with the Lbge handle.

XLBGE 
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 3,862
    I like it even if it doesn't reference UGA!
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    @johnkitchens
    Ha thanks man. Good grief I can't wait for football season to get back around! Is Murray coming back?

XLBGE 
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,140
    Looks killer cool! Are Danny's handles for the smaller bigger than the stock ones?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    edited March 2013
    Yes Murray is coming back MCN. Hopefully we can make another run but, we won't have our defense this year! How much do those handles run MCN? I would love to have a UGA one!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    @caliking
    Yes. They are bigger than the smaller stock ones. My egg was the older small handle. I'll post a pic in just a second. Thanks man.

XLBGE 

XLBGE 
    Kosko said:
    Yes Murray is coming back MCN. Hopefully we can make another run but, we won't have our defense this year! How much do those handles run MCN? I would love to have a UGA one!
    they run from 70-100 i think, just depends on what you want on them and how big they are.  just shoot him an email, he was super fast to respond and amazing customer service.  

Well a good quarterback is a lot to ask for in the SEC, no defense is going to be rough but most of us just want a QB that isnt going to make dumb mistakes. 

XLBGE 
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    That handle is SWEET!!!!!!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,671
    well, if you run out of toilet paper you've got something with an "A" on it to wipe your $@& with... =))
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    @caliking mine is just slightly bigger than the stock handle. If I can remember where I put the old one ill post a picture.
  • henapple said:
    well, if you run out of toilet paper you've got something with an "A" on it to wipe your $@& with... =))

My Grandpa used to say "That was rough as a cob."  (In the days before indoor plumbing, paper was kept in the outhouse.  When you're out of paper, corn cobs were plentiful)  He was usually referring to roads. 

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

• Nice RTR!!!!
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,360
    I read the subject and figured she either got you 1.5 liters of booze or declared your CB name to be "Rubber Duck 007".....

That was very cruel, I mean, nice of her (friendly Alabama dig here).  :D

• GA_DawgsGA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    Looks great, just has the wrong team on it haha