Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burning pizzas

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone have a fool proof way too cook pizza,I pre-heat the egg to 500 and depending on how long it pre-heats I get mixed results...last night had the wife start the egg on my way home from golf{how good am I}guest's arrived,the egg had been going for like 1.5 hours{did I tell you I opened a bottle of wine when I got home}my first pizza almost incinerated,after lots of wet dish towls and even some ice I had the stone cooled down,and then was able to make some ok pizzas.there must be a trick so this does not happen..help..

Comments

• Dave
    Dave Posts: 163
    Options
    Biggy "M",[p]I don't think it would be a good idea to put ice on a hot pizza stone. My understanding is that they ( The pizza Stone )are just like the Egg, they should cool down slowly. I think Naked Whiz just put out an article on Pizza on the Egg from start to finish. It will probably be on his Website also.[p] Dave

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Biggy "M",
    I have burned the middle of the crust before. Then I realized I made a chimmney with the firebricks....funneled the heat guess where :>)[p]Now I place them side by side and the stone on top and have not burned one unless I get carried away in conversation. Pitfall of all grilling![p]Dennis

• Spike
    Spike Posts: 37
    Options
    Biggy "M",
    when i had my large i had a plate setter and 2 pizza stones which i still have. i would put the setter in and get the temp up to 450 than put a pizza stone in. the first pizza took a while longer to get done but the bottom got a little brown and so did the cheese. the second pizza cooked faster,than i took that stone out and put another one in and started all over. rarley ever went over 450 degrees. i do my pizza's on the small now
    happy cooking
    jerry