Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Need idiot's guide on making a raised grid

acegg77acegg77 Posts: 90
edited March 2013 in EggHead Forum
OK. Have had my large egg for a week. I've read a million and one posts on how to cook chicken parts and they all say if you want the most flavor then cook it raised-direct. (I've cooked with plate setter and it was OK... but not outstanding.) I'm not very handy and am on a budget (after breaking the bank on the egg.. wife took away checkbook!) 

Can someone give me step by step instructions on what to buy, where to buy it, and how to put it together? From what I gather I can get an inexpensive grid at Lowes or Home Depot, but what size? I can get some bolts and nuts and washers... but don't quite understand how do to this so that the bolts will sit on the bottom grid. The Naked Wiz says to "flare" them out so they sit on the fire ring? (It would be great if someone had a YouTube video on this whole subject.)

Anyone have a simple, step by step method to on how to get/make a raised grid without spending $40?

Thanks.

Comments