Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Thursday night Apps and burgers

Decided to do some apps and burgers tonight. Abt's and turtle eggs. Jalapeño abt's have diced shrimp in them. Sweet pepper abt's are for SWMBO and the younger kids. Doing them indirect, platesetter legs up @ 350 for probably bout an hour. Then the burgers will go on. Oh yeah also threw on a small piece of deer tenderloin soaked in apple juice, discarded, then soaked in teriyaki and soy, then wrapped in bacon. Will post more pics as everything finishes up.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

image.jpg 2.5M
image.jpg 2.2M
image.jpg 2.1M

Comments

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,210
    They all look great! Just a quick question... how long does it take you to whip up a batch ABTs and the turtle eggs? They seem like a lot of work for a week night cook especially if you're working...

Enjoy!
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,166
    Looks like a regular ol bacon fest!. What time is dinner being served, so i can make plans?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    @hapster they do take awhile but damn they are good. Made the turtle eggs with deer sausage. I work Saturday, Sunday, and Monday and am off the rest of the week. Three 12's and I am done. My wife works Tuesday thru Friday so one of us is always home with the kids . Kinda works out to where I cook a lot during the week.

@caliking you are welcome anytime my friend let me know when you will be in Alabama I will hook you up.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,731
    Man, that looks fantastic!  I was just about to do ABT's the other day, but decided that they just take too dang long to prepare.  They are freakin' amazing though.  I'll have to suck it up, quit being lazy, and make some up this weekend.
    And the burgers with a little conecuh sausage.

Everything was grrreeeeaaattt!
    image.jpg 2.6M

• Bham_eggerBham_egger Posts: 196
    Looking good!
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Looks great, wish I had your schedule, imagine what I could get done with that many days off. I'm doing Kristi's @NecessaryIndulg Shrimp and goat cheese ABT's for a bunch of friends this weekend
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    I diced the shrimp up and mixed with the cream cheese . Absolutely could not taste the shrimp.