Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Longest cook times per egg

2»

Comments

• MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,049
    @chromerdon

no offense taken, sorry I snapped

As eggcelsior said, i think wicked good would be close to the top, most people use some form of royal oak, ozark oak is good but hard to find..... Cowboy is prolly the worst, there arent too many to just avoid, i picked up a fire and flavor bag the other day when i ran out of RO and it was winter, it was OK, worked but kinda blah

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • DIXIEDOGDIXIEDOG Posts: 109
    I've gone 19 hrs with my medium at 230 with WG WW lump....there was still a bit of lump left but my brisket was done.
    ·
  • daffy1909daffy1909 Posts: 454
    Just what it says. Egg size, temp, cook time LBGE=230=18 hours SBGE=230=6 hours

at what temps??

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,189
    daffy1909 said:

Just what it says. Egg size, temp, cook time

LBGE=230=18 hours
    SBGE=230=6 hours

at what temps??

230 degrees
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    When my egg(large) was brand new, i cooked two butts on a "low and slow" for 24 hours without a stop and without opening the dome!
    ·
  • RoundTownerRoundTowner Posts: 125
    Large-48hrs-120'
    ·