Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

St. Paddy's Day Cook

So whaddya got up yer sleeve for St. Paddy's Day cook? I Egged a corned beef a few weeks back just to see and though I didn't get it to pull it tasted great and was not less filling. It was an 'easy' way to get hold of a chunk of brisket that was not the flat. It had a layer of blubber that I trimmed down to quarter inch and from there rubbed on the packet spices. Everybody liked it though it was not the same as par-boiling or crock pot that we were used to in the past. Instead, it had a charcoal flavor and the 'corned' flavor was reduced to about half. So I'm thinking that I may do this again tomorrow and see if I can get it up to 210F internal temp and see if it'll pull. Cheers to whatever you're planning!

Comments