Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brisket off the medium BGE

Got a 5.5 brisket flat from the local Sam's Club. Injected it with some marinade ( beef broth, Boyd's beef base, and some Lee and Perrins ) and let it sit overnight. Put some homemade rub on it and smoked it one the egg for 8 1/2 hours at 250-270 degrees. I foiled it once it hit 165 degrees. Then into the cooler wrapped in towels for 2 hrs. It was yummy.

·

Comments

• Crispix49Crispix49 Posts: 190
    looks good.  my trackrecord with flats has been hit or miss.
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
    ·
  • I've done 3 so far and all have turned out well. For me I think to inject and then foil at around 165 is the key. Moist and tender. Try to pick out the most flexible piece of meat.
    ·
  • I used a combination of hickory, mesquite, and pear chips just at the beginning of the cook.

·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,743
    Pear chips? Where do you find those? that's one I haven't seen
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • I got some pear, peach, and sugar maple chips from this site. Quality and reasonable.
    http://samssmoker.com/bbq-wood-chips.html
    ·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,743
    I've got sugar maple but pear and preach would be new thanks :D
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    That looks great, i always back away from brisket -- i have to try this more !!  thanks for posting.
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    Looks great and is very similar to my method, I usually make flats do to availability or price.  =D>
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·