Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

First turbo butt

TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,109
I've been a strong proponent of low 'n slo for pork butt.  I like the challenge of the overnight cook and the satisfaction of saying I've cooked something for 24 hours on the Egg, didn't need to adjust anything, and still had a good deal of lump left over.  Not to mention the taste.  After reading so much lately about going turbo, especially @Mickey, I decided to give it a try.
IT just reached 165 after four hours at 370 dome (I was shooting for 350 but the Egg decided to settle in a little higher).  Going in to the foil for a couple hours and should be done in time for dinner.  It smells fantastic.  Can't wait to see how this one turns out.

Comments