Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Rubs??

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
In reading the various Forums, there must be a thousand different 'rubs/spices' that are being used. I would like to hear from an experienced 'egghead' about what would be a good selection of only a FEW rubs to have on hand, and where would one get them from?
ie: for poultry, for pork, for beef, for fish. Thanks much....!

Comments

• badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Options
    Mornin' CJ,
    Over the years I've tried a few commercial rubs & thought I could do better, so I did. Made my own rubs for a couple of years until I found Dizz Pig.
    Best stuff I've ever used.
    Cheers,
    bruce

[ul][li]http://www.dizzypigbbq.com/[/ul]
  • Fishkiller
    Options
    CJ,
    I use Dizzy Pig rub. We (my wife and I) really like the Dizzy Pig Raging River on just about anything but they are all equally as good, depending on what you've got a taste for at the time. I use the swamp venom, dizzy's red eye express, cowlick and dizzy dust just about equally. I've got a ton of rubs but these are my favorite. Chris aka "Nature Boy" gets them to you within a couple of days of ordering. The Dizzy Pig BBQ team has won 3 grand championships so far this year so they must be doing something right. Their web site is:
    www.dizzypigbbq.com[p]fishkiller

[ul][li]http://www.dizzypigbbq.com[/ul]
  • Fishkiller
    Options
    badbruce,
    You beat me, shows how slow I peck at the keys!
    fishkiller

• huha99
    huha99 Posts: 16
    Options
    Ditto to above! My wife, who does not like ribs, loves the 3-2-1 ribs with Red Eye Express from DP. For fish, you can't beat Raging River!
  • Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    Options
    I have tried a lot of rubs but now tend to just use kosher salt and pepper. I do still use Obi Cue's Steak Maker on steak.[p]Toy Man
  • huha99
    huha99 Posts: 16
    Options
    CJ,
    (I keep forgetting about the wormhole being one way)
    Ditto to above! My wife, who does not like ribs, loves the 3-2-1 ribs with Red Eye Express from DP. For fish, you can't beat Raging River!

• Co-Bro-Q2
    Options
    I also recommend the full-line of DIZZY PIG rubs...our competition Q team happens to use them on our meats. We have several Top 10 category finishes with the DP rubs complimenting our chicken/ribs/pork/brisket. For example, here are some great combinations:[p]Chicken- Tsunami Spin/Ragging River
    Ribs- Ragging River/Swamp Venom (for a kick)
    Pork- Dizzy Dust/Red Eye Express
    Brisket- Cowlick
    Salmon- Ragging River
    Chiken Wings- Jamacan Jerk[p]These rubs are excellent and are handmade by BBQ chef Nature Boy!!! Co-Bros-Q have been using them this year on the circuit for our rookie season and hope to have contiued success using them. Our website is
    www.co-bros.com for more info on our endevours.[p]
    here is the DP BBQ site link: www.dizzypigbbq.com[p]Enjoy the rub !!!
    Kirk
    [p]www.co-bros.com

[ul][li]http://www.co-bros.com[/ul]
  • badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Options
    Mornin' fishkiller,
    This is true but i lose points for spelling errors.
    YOU WIN.
    Cheers,
    bruce[p]

• jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    Options
    CJ,
    Dizzy Pig. period.

• Bigfoot
    Bigfoot Posts: 154
    Options
    I am on the Pig Wagon as well - give it a try - you will not be sorry.[p]Just try the Dizzy Dust if you only want one
  • CJ,
    Thanks much for the info, I'll be on my way to ordering some of same!!!!