Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Stuffed ork loin time and temp???

I'm doing a stuffed pork loin. I'm planning indirect at 300-350. How long will it take to get to 160 IT? Other time and temp suggestions welcomed. Thx.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
·

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,948

Here's a great recipe (I change it up a bit-no pine nuts)  but the cook is indirect at around 350*F and takes about an hour.  I would remove at no more than 140*F.

http://www.bubbatim.com/Pork_Cooks.php Check out the other info on the site-good eats.

Louisville
    ·
  • Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 557
    Thanks @lousubcap. I was hoping it wasn't going to take more than an hour and a half.
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,187
    I second the 140 IT. I used to do the 160 but I didn't know what I was missing. A lot of cookbooks still recommend 160 for a finished temp on pork but I read somewhere that 135-140 was totally safe and have been doin that since and I am still alive and kickin

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • kbutler84kbutler84 Posts: 99
    Was coming here to ask the same thing actually, thanks!

Mine is stuffed with cream cheese and jalapeño, what about you?
    ·
    I'm doing spinach, provolone & mushrooms. Will post pics later...please do the same.
    ·
  • kbutler84kbutler84 Posts: 99
    Will do. And Que, not sure if you have an adjustable rig (or any else please chime in) but will you do your raised indirect, or use a different setup?
    ·
    I don't have an AR...I use 4" X 4" stones to do "raised direct" when the need is there (spatchcock, ect). I did this normal indirect.
    ·
    Posting pics under new discussion...
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 2,965
    Yum, stuffed orc!  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·