Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What is the most you have ever cooked on your LBGE at once?

2»

Comments

• IIRC - 35 lbs of Texas Brisket..  I use a swing grate now..  

That looks awesome, do you have a thread on this method or recipe you would be willing to share?
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
    ·
  • Thanks, chainsaw19, it was awesome when it was happening and I did do a thread, but I can't remember where that link is...  I like this pic especially because if you look closely you can see the hole where the dome thermometer pierced the top packer lol...

My briskets always use this cheap grocery store rub from San Antonio, a water bath with ground pepper and minced garlic, mesquite smoke, and a temperature goal of ~225*.  Let it go all night and pull them off when they get around 195* and they are probing like soft butter.  FTC for at least an hour.

Good luck!  I'm doing another one of these in the next day, myself...

Large BGE -- Greensboro!

·
  • 4 racks of St. Louis ribs and 2 Bone-in Boston Butts...
    ·